Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Snowed in.

Dave Smith said...

> elaine wrote:
>>

>> I'm snowed in too. Would love to make soup, but have tons in the
>> freezer. Just finished the rest of a veggie lo mein I made on Monday.
>> It was really good!

> I am not quite snowed in, but it is still snowing, and quite hard at
> times. We have not as much snow as we had expected, nor has the wind
> been as bad. I had to clear out the driveway and the drifts were as high
> as the mouth of my snow blower, and not too densely packed so it was
> blown out with out any problem. We were expecting 20 inches but so far
> have only had about 8. There were some drifts that were waist almost
> deep. My wife had an appointment at the hair salon for 1:30 but the
> hairdresser called and said that she could take her any time because
> everyone else had cancelled.
>
> While we were out I went to the library. The roads weren't too bad. I
> think we have turned into a bunch of wimps. This is no worse than what I
> have been dealing with occasionally all my life. Last night they were
> announcing school closures even before the storm had hit.

Dave,

Here it's maybe 6" of snow but after the snow it rained for about 6 hours,
then turned to sleet and snow. Now everything is glazed over in ice. Just a
short matter of time before the white pines shed their limbs in a chain
reaction calamity.

There used to be a big mahaff (big shot) further up the street but he moved
and the township doesn't plow the road like they used to.

And the way things always are, once I finally get to the main roads, you'd
never know there was snow!

I wish the deer would graze on driveway snow instead of just laying around
on the patio!

Andy