Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: 4 inexpensive wines, all at least good (Loire, Rhone, NZ)

On Feb 12, 4:17�pm, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
>
> * *So> I grabbed a white, the 2005 La Vieille Ferme Cotes du Rhone (am I
> > crazy, or isn't this usually labelled Cotes du Luberon?). Nice simple
> > white, maybe a touch dilute, with bright apple fruit, sufficient
> > acidity, clean finish. Some floral notes. Not complex but at $6.xx
> > certainly a fair value (and I seldom say that about Rhone whites). B/
> > B-

> The red, at least, is a Cotes du Ventoux, but being a searching type I
> checked out the website and find the white is a Cote du Luberon.

That's what I remembered- red and rose Cotes du Ventoux, white Cotes
du Luberon. But the 2005 white is Cotes du Rhone AC I just got out
bottle to confirm.. 50% Grenache Blanc, 20% Viognier, 15% each
Marsanne & Rousanne, if anyone cares.