Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dawn[_2_] Dawn[_2_] is offline

Default Cream Of Mushroom Broccoli Soup

MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
> "KevinS" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>On Feb 8, 2007, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>

>>>... but fat free half & half? What the hell is in it?

>>My neighbor puts it in her coffee so I took a look at the label and
>>tasted a teaspoon. The ingredients included milk and non-fat milk
>>"enhanced" with corn syrup solids, sugar and other
>>multisyllabic stuff. The taste was OK. I've never bought it
>>and doubt that I would.
>>

> I'm not going to buy the fat free half and half. I changed the recipe to
> use the standard half and half and it didn't change the points. You can
> also used 2% canned milk and it works too.

I'm not sure how Points are calculated, but if you're trying to cut
calories you're better off with the 2% milk than the regular
half-n-half. Regular H&H has 130 calories, 2% has about 60 per half cup,
like the fat free H&H. Leave the flour out and used puree'd broccoli
stems, and save another 100 calories. Not trying to be rude, just doing
the math.

160 calories equates to a handful of M&Ms. I'd rather have chocolate
than flour.

Dawn