Old 08-02-2007, 08:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cream Of Mushroom Broccoli Soup

After our discussion in chat last night about broccoli soup I entered my
recipe with a few alterations into WW so I could add it to my daily points
tracker.

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. I tastes marvelous just like
the original recipe.

Cream Of Mushroom Broccoli Soup

soups
POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 4

a.. 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
b.. 3 Tbsp olive oil
c.. 1 bunch broccoli
d.. 6 large mushroom(s)
e.. 1 large onion(s)
f.. 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
g.. 5 cup fat-free chicken broth
h.. 4 oz fat free half and half
Instructions

dice the mushrooms and cut up the broccoli and dice the onion.
In a medium pan, heat oil and butter and saute onions and mushrooms. 5 min
Add flour, stir well and add rest of ingredients. Let simmer over medium
heat for 8-10 minutes. strain the soup and place solids in processor and
blend so there are very small pieces. Return to soup pot with the liquid.
Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.

--
My Word
in

Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 8, 2:29�pm, "MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
After our discussion in chat last night about broccoli soup I entered my
recipe with a few alterations into WW so I could add it to my daily points
tracker.

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. *I tastes marvelous just like
the original recipe.

Cream Of Mushroom/Broccoli Soup

Choose one or the other.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 8, 2:29?pm, "MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
After our discussion in chat last night about broccoli soup I entered my
recipe with a few alterations into WW so I could add it to my daily points
tracker.

I watched the broccoli soup recipe on you tube that Jill posted. Just water
and broccoli with the addition of goat's cheese at the end. Has anyone
actually tasted this.

elaine

Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in it?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in it?

I saw some at Wal-mart the other day and wondered the same thing...

Fat-free half and half seems to be an oxymoron to me.

Kinda like fat free butter.

lol
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in
it?

I saw some at Wal-mart the other day and wondered the same thing...

Fat-free half and half seems to be an oxymoron to me.

Kinda like fat free butter.

Or organic salt.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in
it?

I saw some at Wal-mart the other day and wondered the same thing...

Fat-free half and half seems to be an oxymoron to me.

Kinda like fat free butter.

Or organic salt.

KMA babycakes. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in it?

I saw some at Wal-mart the other day and wondered the same thing...

Fat-free half and half seems to be an oxymoron to me.

Its kind of pointless anyway, the 4 TB of flour and the fat free stuff
used to thicken it has more calories and carbs than regular
half-and-half would. Sure, you save 10g of fat, until you butter a roll....

Dawn
Old 09-02-2007, 12:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dawn" wrote in message
Omelet wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message
.. .

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in
it?

I saw some at Wal-mart the other day and wondered the same thing...

Fat-free half and half seems to be an oxymoron to me.

Its kind of pointless anyway, the 4 TB of flour and the fat free stuff
used to thicken it has more calories and carbs than regular half-and-half
would. Sure, you save 10g of fat, until you butter a roll....

Dawn

I made a thick brocolli soup a few days ago. I used 2% milk and no flour. My
son watched, tasted, and said it needed more richness. I threw in 1/2 cup of
dry roasted peanuts (for 4 cups of soup). Voila. Rich.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dawn" wrote in message
Omelet wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message
.. .

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in
it?

I saw some at Wal-mart the other day and wondered the same thing...

Fat-free half and half seems to be an oxymoron to me.

Its kind of pointless anyway, the 4 TB of flour and the fat free stuff
used to thicken it has more calories and carbs than regular
half-and-half would. Sure, you save 10g of fat, until you butter a
roll....

Dawn

So, you don't like it, don't make it. It works for me

--
Helen

Old 09-02-2007, 08:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Dawn" wrote in message
Omelet wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message
.. .

h.. 4 oz fat free half and half

Admittedly, I don't examine all the little containers in the same
neighborhood as the milk, but fat free half & half? What the hell is in
it?

I saw some at Wal-mart the other day and wondered the same thing...

Fat-free half and half seems to be an oxymoron to me.

Its kind of pointless anyway, the 4 TB of flour and the fat free stuff
used to thicken it has more calories and carbs than regular half-and-half
would. Sure, you save 10g of fat, until you butter a roll....

Dawn

I made a thick brocolli soup a few days ago. I used 2% milk and no flour. My
son watched, tasted, and said it needed more richness. I threw in 1/2 cup of
dry roasted peanuts (for 4 cups of soup). Voila. Rich.

And you did that to avoid fat?

smirk
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Dawn" wrote in message
Omelet wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

[...]

No. I did it because flour adds nothing but thickness, and using cream would
add fat, but not much else. Peanuts added taste, and the perception of
richness.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Dawn" wrote in message
Omelet wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

[...]

Okay, I'll buy that...

I'm just not a big peanut fan.

Too strong/overwhelming of a flavor, to me.

Heavy cream or Jack Cheese on the other hand....

To each their own!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

No. I did it because flour adds nothing but thickness, and using cream would
add fat, but not much else. Peanuts added taste, and the perception of
richness.

Okay, I'll buy that...

I'm just not a big peanut fan.

Too strong/overwhelming of a flavor, to me.

Heavy cream or Jack Cheese on the other hand....

To each their own!

I suppose trimming your posts up to be considerate to others is out of
the question??
Old 09-02-2007, 09:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" wrote in message
. ..
Omelet wrote:

No. I did it because flour adds nothing but thickness, and using cream
would add fat, but not much else. Peanuts added taste, and the
perception of richness.

Okay, I'll buy that...

I'm just not a big peanut fan.

Too strong/overwhelming of a flavor, to me.

Heavy cream or Jack Cheese on the other hand....

To each their own!

I suppose trimming your posts up to be considerate to others is out of the
question??

Uh oh. Cabin fever.

Try the CTRL-END key combo. It's a miracle.