Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default 4-lb Tied Pork Sirloin

"Reg" > wrote

> Something tells me you'd have fun with it...

Your instincts are right on!

Problem is, I have this small appliance graveyard going
in my kitchen, in the deepest recesses of the lower cabinets.

The steamer, the deep fryer, the breadmaker, the electric
frypan, the waffle iron, etc. I have been trying to streamline
lately. For example, when my sister-in-law did not return
my crock pot three years ago, I found it pleasant not having
to find a place for it, and soon realized that there is no real
reason to have one if you are willing to be at home with the
food while it cooks. Any pot can be a "slow cooker." (And
does anyone really leave crock pots on when they are not
home?)

So I hesitate to get another small appliance.

On the other hand, a smoker! The possibilities.

> Mine is running at least a few hours every day. Today
> I'm doing some salmon.

That sounds perfectly wonderful. How did it turn out?