Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gunner[_4_] Gunner[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Non Mexican Chili

"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> Dimitri wrote:
>> Hi there;
>>
>> On Sunday there was a SB party & Chili Tasting at the house of a friend.
>> Being somewhat competitive I put on my thinking cap and created Tequila
>> Mango Chili.

> Vegan and white chili (Yuck!)? How did they make the white chili?

Dude, White Chili is a Firefighter's recipe for chicken and great
Northern(Cannellini) beans, usually with onions and green chiles (cumin, of
course) in a chicken stock/broth. If you are a chili purist, just think of
it as a chicken bean soup. topping with any of the good white cheeses is
optional.

To me most meat based red Chilis in the States are either an exercise in
Macho heat ingestion or a spicy Goulash with mystery meat , especially if
sweet American style Tomato pastes or canned tomato and commercial chili
powder blends are used