Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default OT - Non Mexican Chili

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> You are kidding! Good porkchops killed in this mix? A great cow's neck
> smothered as well? A great steak covered in this stuff?
>
> wow!
>
> Please tell us you are kidding, just kidding!

Nope, no kidding.

I use pork extensively when making pasta sauce. No pork chops - just shoulder.
I think pork when properly browned adds a great depth of flavor. In addition the
steak was more for mouth feel (cosmetics) than anything else. I wanted people to
bite into a nice little piece of meat. Remember this was cheap steak less than
$4.00 per pound, and it was added at the very end.

Dimitri