Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Dave Allison Dave Allison is offline

Default Dried Elderberry wine recipe - got too hot

Oh rats! I started a gallon of Dried Elderberry wine (Keller's site for
recipe) and it was kinda cold in the house, so I sat it on a heating
pad, forgot to add a layer of towel or something in between, and after
over night, I checked the temperature - it was 100 degrees F. oh, my.

Did I kill the yeast? I'll bet I did, I see no activity. Did I kill the
batch?

I am getting it back to 68-75 and will pitch another yeast -- but
wondered if anyone has experience on this?

DAve