Rick & Cyndi

Default Upright Freezer found!

"Edwin Pawlowski" < & Cyndi"
: > Must be nice! No such animal here. As far as disposal -
not
: > a problem in this case because my 13 cf works just fine..
:
:
: You must be out in the booonies someplace. I've heard of
charges from $25
: to $50 to get rid of refrigerators and AC's with Freon. You
can't just
: dump them in the landfill any more.
:
: White goods of all types have no scrap value as compared to 10
or more years
: ago.
: Ed
:
: ----------

Surprisingly not...just within a very greedy section! We're
actually right in between 2 very large towns: Bloomington/Normal,
Ill and Peoria, Ill. Both towns have around 100 k people... but
you would think that since they weren't supersized like Chicago
or St. Louis... that they'd maintain some small town
friendliness and service. No such luck! That's why I refer to
this area as Armpit, Illinois.

I've never encountered such a large percentage of people as
consistantly rude, greedy, or aloof in any other section of the
lower 48, as I have right here, within a 20 mile radius. If DH
didn't have seniority going for him at work and several of his
relatives nearby... we'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Our specific neighborhood is friendly and kind... but drive 1
mile out of the town's limit... oh lawdy! Our little town has
less than 10 K of people within it's outer boundries but the
township probably has less than 3K within the actual "city
limits". We even have a couple of stop lights! But since our
proximity to larger cities is so close and our town so small...
we just don't have that many stores (ie, appliance stores) so we
have to rely on whatever Peoria or Bloomington have to offer...
which means even though distance-wise, we're only as far away as
'across town' for most larger cities... we're 'long distance'
where these two cities are concerned.

I double checked the delivery fee for Sears - $ 45.00 if we
waited for them to deliver at their convenience. There was no
mention of haul-away fees... but we're keeping our other freezer
anyway; so that wasn't an issue anyway. For curiosity sake, I
may call them tomorrow just to see what they would have charged.
Due to all of the pollution charges and freon fees (Illinois has
gotten VERY stringent in these areas)... chances are, Sears
probably wouldn't have even picked up an old freezer. <shrug> .
Gosh, this is depressing just writing this!