Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default Weekend survey on the RFC site: Food allergies

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:16:57 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

One of my partners is allergic to strawberries, but we don't live
together, so it's not a huge issue. Other than that, we have some
sensitivities in the family, but no true food allergies. I'm
sensitive to milk (even lactose-free milk), but I don't obsess about
it -- if there's milk in something and I get a little sick, it's not
my host's problem, it's mine. I've gotten pretty good at guessing
which foods will cause me the most trouble, and I avoid them, but I do
it without making a production of it.

(Then again, I have really strong feelings about not insulting
people's hospitality by making my food issues their problem -- if I
were truly allergic to something (like if it was going to land me in
the hospital), I'd bring it up, but my food choices are no one's
responsibility but my own.)

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com