Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Burrito meat

"Terry" > wrote in message
>I have tried just using ground beef with no spices and make a burrito.
> It doesn't turn out very well.
>
> I have been using pot roast for the beef and that works pretty well,
> but I have made all the pot roast I want for a while.
>
> Anyone want to suggest some spices to add to ground beef to work for a
> burrito?
>
> I put salsa and sour cream on top, but I get the feeling that the meat
> itself needs some kind of sauce or spice.

Key ingredient: FRESH garlic!! For a pound and a half
of beef, three fat cloves, smashed first then diced. Put them in while you
are browning the meat, but toward the end. You want them cooked but
not browned hard. Brown some diced onions in there too! Then just
chili powder, added to the beef and onions and garlic. It will be perfect.