Blanche Nonken

Default Espresso machine recommendation

(BYDMORAN) wrote:

> We are looking for a new espresso machine. Anything we buy will have to be
> ordered as there are none in stores nearby.
>
> Last one was a Gaggia. It has lasted probably 4 years but is now producting
> coffee which tastes burnt.
>
> Does anyone have an recommendations in the under $300 range?

Have you cleaned the section where the coffee goes? How about the
times it takes for the espresso to flow through the grounds? Has that
changed any? Your machine might just need a really good, thorough
cleaning - or something might be wrong with seals or gaskets. I checked
the Gaggia website; I didn't read anything in the manuals about cleaning
the filter cups.