Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Trash compactor and hot water dispenser?

# Fred # wrote:

> .......I just wanted to flip a
> quality house not like the one I purchased a few years ago where
> everything looks good but falls apart in a few years.

I just don't see how a hot water dispenser or a trash compactor meets that
goal. I would want to flip a house in order to make as much money as the
market will bear, with as little of an investment as required. IMO, a trash
compactor and a hot water dispenser is a negative cash flow with no return.

You asked us if anyone sees these items as an added value in considering a
house purchase, to which the answer was a unanimous 'no'. You've mentioned
why *you* like trash compactors and hot water dispensers, which is fine. But
it seems that by continuing to advocate the case for these items, you are
not able to look at this as a purely business decision. In my mind, flipping
a house is just another business; and in business you want to keep your
overhead as low as possible. This does not translate into cutting corners.
But it does mean that you hang onto every penny as if it's your last, and
you keep costs to an absolute minimum.

If this was my flip, I would spend the money on outside curb appeal
projects. At any rate, the best of luck to you.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com