Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: '79 Pichon Baron, '05 Huet, '93 Bouchard, etc

I thought that the change came in mid-70s, the '81 is at least good and
the '82 quite good. But up until the excellent 1990 there are still off
efforts. This wasn't expensive, part of a lot with other wines I
actually wanted, by my calculations I probably paid virtually nothing
(I'd have paid the same or close for lot w/o the Baron).

The good thing about the rough period is that for my tastes the Baron
since '90 is often the equal (or close) to the P-Lalande, yet typically
sells for half.