Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christopher Helms Christopher Helms is offline

Default What do these things have in common?

beta wrote:
> Horse
> Seagulls
> Dog
> Cat
> Snoopy
> Mouse
> People
> Baboons
> Pigs
>
> anyone? anyone?!
>
> These are things you're not supposed to eat.
>
> Laying aside the mosaic law, or Jewish traditions...
> these things and more, are just unhealthy to eat

How about Tabasco flavored Slim Jims? Are those considered Kosher? I'd
think they wouldn't be, just on general principles...

> Why would anyone want to eat a scavenger bird, next thing you know
> you'll be eating buzzards, crows and snipes.
>
> beta

I believe shellfish needs to be on the list too, although I have no
idea if there's any dietary prohibition on lobster for Muslims.