Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What do these things have in common?

Horse
Seagulls
Dog
Cat
Snoopy
Mouse
People
Baboons
Pigs

anyone? anyone?!

These are things you're not supposed to eat.

Laying aside the mosaic law, or Jewish traditions...
these things and more, are just unhealthy to eat

Why would anyone want to eat a scavenger bird, next thing you know
you'll be eating buzzards, crows and snipes.

beta

Posted to rec.food.cooking

beta wrote:
> Horse
> Seagulls
> Dog
> Cat
> Snoopy
> Mouse
> People
> Baboons
> Pigs
>
> anyone? anyone?!
>
> These are things you're not supposed to eat.
>
> Laying aside the mosaic law, or Jewish traditions...
> these things and more, are just unhealthy to eat

How about Tabasco flavored Slim Jims? Are those considered Kosher? I'd
think they wouldn't be, just on general principles...

> Why would anyone want to eat a scavenger bird, next thing you know
> you'll be eating buzzards, crows and snipes.
>
> beta

I believe shellfish needs to be on the list too, although I have no
idea if there's any dietary prohibition on lobster for Muslims.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"beta" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Horse
> Seagulls
> Dog
> Cat
> Snoopy
> Mouse
> People
> Baboons
> Pigs
>
> anyone? anyone?!
>
> These are things you're not supposed to eat.
>
> Laying aside the mosaic law, or Jewish traditions...
> these things and more, are just unhealthy to eat
>
> Why would anyone want to eat a scavenger bird, next thing you know
> you'll be eating buzzards, crows and snipes.
>
> beta

Okay, you missed squirrels, possums, & raccoons. Sheesh. I'll eat a pig
and I'm sure somewhere along the line I've unknowingly eaten cat and dog.
Oh, and I'm sure you've eaten "crow" before. <vbg>

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> Okay, you missed squirrels, possums, & raccoons. Sheesh. I'll eat a pig
> and I'm sure somewhere along the line I've unknowingly eaten cat and dog.
> Oh, and I'm sure you've eaten "crow" before. <vbg>

yeeaah I'vehadsomecrow before

HAAAAUULLLL HAAAUULLL

cat and dog, you mean like at one of them chinese buffets? THAT
wouldn't surprise me

one time I opened my fortune cookie it said, "that wasn't chicken"

beta

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"beta" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> kilikini wrote:
>
> > Okay, you missed squirrels, possums, & raccoons. Sheesh. I'll eat a

pig
> > and I'm sure somewhere along the line I've unknowingly eaten cat and

dog.
> > Oh, and I'm sure you've eaten "crow" before. <vbg>

> yeeaah I'vehadsomecrow before
>
> HAAAAUULLLL HAAAUULLL
>
> cat and dog, you mean like at one of them chinese buffets? THAT
> wouldn't surprise me
>
> one time I opened my fortune cookie it said, "that wasn't chicken"
>
> beta

That would be the place! Tin Ying on Main St., Wailuku back on Maui. $2.99
buffet. I had some "meat", but it wasn't like any other meat I had before!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> "beta" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Horse
>> Seagulls
>> Dog
>> Cat
>> Snoopy
>> Mouse
>> People
>> Baboons
>> Pigs
>>
>> anyone? anyone?!
>>
>> These are things you're not supposed to eat.
>>
>> Laying aside the mosaic law, or Jewish traditions...
>> these things and more, are just unhealthy to eat
>>
>> Why would anyone want to eat a scavenger bird, next thing you know
>> you'll be eating buzzards, crows and snipes.
>>
>> beta
>>

> Okay, you missed squirrels, possums, & raccoons. Sheesh. I'll eat a pig
> and I'm sure somewhere along the line I've unknowingly eaten cat and dog.
> Oh, and I'm sure you've eaten "crow" before. <vbg>

I have a cookbook that has some rather "unusual" recipes, two I remember
distinctly are muskrat and beef penis. We can add those to the not in this
lifetime list.

Cindi