Posted to rec.food.equipment
Jack[_9_] Jack[_9_] is offline

Default BTU cooking table?

On 1/11/07 12:59 AM, in article ,
"Cape Cod Bob" > wrote:

> The P24WKBS Thermador 24'' Single Burner gets up to 30,000 BTUs but
> requires it be built in to the countertop as a surface burners or
> stoves are. True professional wok burners get in the 100,000 BTU
> range, but require special plumbing and are often against local codes
> and insurance companies will void homeowner policies because of them.
> That was what I found out in both MAssachusetts and New Jersey.

Exactly what insurance agency that writes policies in NJ told you you can't
have a high-power wok burner in a home? And what municipality in NJ said it
was against their building codes? Not all building codes in NJ are uniform.

And what person tells his or her insurance agency what kind of appliances
they have in their own home?

Special plumbing - if your home already is set-up for gas appliances like a
hot water heater, clothes dryer or a house heater, more likely than not
you've got sufficient gas line capacity for a 100k wok burner.
--
de N2MPU Jack
Modeling the NYC/NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail/D&H in N