Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default Outstanding Beef Barley Soup Recipe

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:59:44 -0800, "King's Crown"
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Nancy said it wasn't anything special, but it sure turned out to be.

<snip>

Lynne, what kind of barley did you use? I ask b/c I make a vegetable
beef soup that calls for barley and, while I've used pearl barley, I
got my hands on pot barley once and found it far, far superior.
Doesn't get mushy like pearl barley does. That said, the only place I
could *find* pot barley was in a 10 lb. sack, so if anyone wants to
try out pot barley...lemmeno.

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
"Never argue with an idiot.....they bring you down to their level and
then beat you with experience."