Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Looking for a big Deep Fryer

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-...UTF8&s=outdoor

> Hi Sheldon, and thanks for your suggestion. I'm just wondering how safe
> if that pot with hot oil ? For the fries to stay crips, the oil has to
> be hot, and the thing I dislike about your suggestion might be the
> safety of it. What do you think aboutu the fire hazard of such a pot ?

No more or less risk. Also much easier to store the fat, just place
the entire pot in the fridge... and when the fat is spent and it's time
to clean up simply dispose of the grease and wash the pot. For
occasional deep frying at home a pot is the best method.