Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown King's Crown is offline

Default Outstanding Beef Barley Soup Recipe

> I think a classic beef barley soup is what a basic cookbook like Betty
> Crocker excels at.
>
> And I too have never heard of ground beef or "spaghetti sauce" used in
> one.
> Now my father did make a great Patate Zuppe that sometimes used a bit of
> leftover tomato sauce and the meatballs had ground beef....

I was researching the net while RCS chatting last night looking for a good
basic Beef Barley Soup and those are the things I found in different
recipes.... ground beef, 1 cup of spaghetti sauce, acorn squash...a squirt
of ketchup. I was getting grossed out. LOL Then Nancy to the rescue.

Lynne