Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Outstanding Beef Barley Soup Recipe

Nancy Young wrote:
> "King's Crown" > wrote
>
>> Nancy said it wasn't anything special, but it sure turned out to be.

> Wow! I'm telling you, straight out of Betty Crocker. Sure sounded
> a lot better than what you were finding, spaghetti sauce, ground beef?
> Nah.

I think a classic beef barley soup is what a basic cookbook like Betty
Crocker excels at.

And I too have never heard of ground beef or "spaghetti sauce" used in one.
Now my father did make a great Patate Zuppe that sometimes used a bit of
leftover tomato sauce and the meatballs had ground beef....