Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Kake L Pugh Kake L Pugh is offline

Default Beetroot ideas wanted!

Kake L Pugh > wrote:
> Hello everyone. What are your favourite things to do with beetroot?
> I usually wash them, wrap them in foil, bake them, peel them, and
> wonder what to do with them.

I did this again the other evening, since I had some beetroot that
were getting a bit shrivelled - baked them and stuck them in the
fridge until I could think of something to use them for.

I served them last night - peeled them and dressed them with a very
mustardy vinaigrette made with about 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard, 1 tsp
white wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and a little
freshly-ground black pepper. It was very good. I just had the
leftovers for lunch with some quinoa with caramelised cauliflower
(have posted about that in the current quinoa thread).

Kake