Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus Ed Rasimus is offline

Default Annual "What's everybody planning to drink for Christmas dinner?" post

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:25:41 -0000, Andrew Haley
> wrote:
[i]
>Andrew Haley > wrote:
>> Ed Rasimus > wrote:
>>> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:10:58 -0000, Andrew Haley

>>> Stop before it's too late....a '99 Monte Bello is too young to die.

>> Hey, I'm quite confident that it will improve, but I want to see how
>> it's getting along. It's surely worth opening one bottle to fnd
>> out.

>You really had me worried about this one, but I shouldn't have been.
>It was lovely. OK, so the tannins were rather forward, but it was
>wonderfully concentrated, with nicely balanced acidity. Fantastic
>colour too.
>
>Andrew.

Sorry I scared you. Now, I'll make you envious--I had the '95 Monte
Bello with Christmas dinner and it was magnificent.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org