Posted to alt.food.wine
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Annual "What's everybody planning to drink for Christmas dinner?" post

Andrew Haley > wrote:
> Ed Rasimus > wrote:

>>>Ridge Monte Bello '99
>>>Turley "Presenti" '03
>>>Oremus Tokaji Aszu (5 puttonyos) '99

>> Stop before it's too late....a '99 Monte Bello is too young to die.

[i]
> Hey, I'm quite confident that it will improve, but I want to see how
> it's getting along. It's surely worth opening one bottle to fnd
> out.

You really had me worried about this one, but I shouldn't have been.
It was lovely. OK, so the tannins were rather forward, but it was
wonderfully concentrated, with nicely balanced acidity. Fantastic
colour too.

Andrew.