Posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_2_] TG[_2_] is offline

Default Freeze or Dry?

Will wrote:
> Brent wrote:
> > ... week.

> You got it. . Because the
> real deal is not the starter, it's how you ripen the dough.

Hi Will,
Yup, I get anything from mild to very sour using the same starter
depending on what I do with it. Most new bakers tend to follow the same
regime so think there starter is 'stable', then they learn a bit more
and change things then think there starter has changed.

I have to add though that my starter was so much better after drying
that I chucked the original. It lost the one thing that I wasn't sure
about. I only ever tried freezing once and the starter seemed to be
dead but I didn't give it a great deal of time before chucking. Now I
only use the one starter all the problems of storing have gone too. :
-)

Jim