Posted to rec.food.baking
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default Golden syrup

RsH wrote on 23 Dec 2006 in rec.food.baking

> Here in Toronto I find it in the Dominion and Loblaw supermarkets,
> around the area where they have maple syrup. Its in almost every one
> of these supermarkets in the central North York area. Try the same
> supermarket chains in Montreal!
>
> RsH
>
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:41:06 +0000, Bruce
> > wrote:
>
> >On another email list someone from Montreal is asking for a source of
> >Tate & Lyle Golden syrup - she wants to make "Hob Nobs", a sort of
> >crunchy oatmeal biscuit. She has found one in the U.S. but it is $18
> >for a 1 lb. can. Does anyone know of another more reasonable source
> >in North America?

If she has friends or relatives living in the more 'English' part of Canada
it is found in most grocery store chains across the country...I live in
Manitoba and can find it in IGA, Safeway and the Loblaw chains.