Posted to rec.food.equipment
Muddle Muddle is offline

Default Clogged Gas jet in oven

"The Weary Wizard" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>

> > Does the burner come apart? Does it come out easily? Sounds like a job

for
> > a wire to clean each hole out.

> To be honest I'm too apprehensive about messing with gas appliances.
> I've finished up ordering a new cooker - the existing one was pretty
> old anyway!

Hope you won't be sorry!
What I'd give for a gas stove that doesn't have printed circuit boards,
CPU's, touch screens or keypads, ceramic block oven lighters, and fifty
yards of electrical wiring.
My latest stove has cost me more in inconvenient repair calls and labor
bills than I paid for it. My next gas stove is going to be more like my
grandmothers stove. If I wanted an electric stove I'd buy one. I shouldn't
have to read a schematic, trace a wiring harness, or read an electrical flow
chart to clean or repair a gas stove. Both of my grandmothers had the same
gas stoves, from long before I was born till they died and to my knowledge
neither of them ever called a repair man.