Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Clogged Gas jet in oven

I recently suffered a clumsy accident, knocking over a joint in my
oven, which in turn clogged the gas jets from which the flame emits.
As a consequence, I cannot get the flames to burn properly now, with
just a few little tiny flames coming on. Obviously fat has clogged
these, and I am at a loss as to how best to clean the area to restore
full function.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so I would be grateful for advice
on the most effective way to clean it.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"The Weary Wizard" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I recently suffered a clumsy accident, knocking over a joint in my
> oven, which in turn clogged the gas jets from which the flame emits.
> As a consequence, I cannot get the flames to burn properly now, with
> just a few little tiny flames coming on. Obviously fat has clogged
> these, and I am at a loss as to how best to clean the area to restore
> full function.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? If so I would be grateful for advice
> on the most effective way to clean it.

Does the burner come apart? Does it come out easily? Sounds like a job for
a wire to clean each hole out.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Does the burner come apart? Does it come out easily? Sounds like a job for
> a wire to clean each hole out.

To be honest I'm too apprehensive about messing with gas appliances.
I've finished up ordering a new cooker - the existing one was pretty
old anyway!

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"The Weary Wizard" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>

> > Does the burner come apart? Does it come out easily? Sounds like a job

for
> > a wire to clean each hole out.

> To be honest I'm too apprehensive about messing with gas appliances.
> I've finished up ordering a new cooker - the existing one was pretty
> old anyway!

Hope you won't be sorry!
What I'd give for a gas stove that doesn't have printed circuit boards,
CPU's, touch screens or keypads, ceramic block oven lighters, and fifty
yards of electrical wiring.
My latest stove has cost me more in inconvenient repair calls and labor
bills than I paid for it. My next gas stove is going to be more like my
grandmothers stove. If I wanted an electric stove I'd buy one. I shouldn't
have to read a schematic, trace a wiring harness, or read an electrical flow
chart to clean or repair a gas stove. Both of my grandmothers had the same
gas stoves, from long before I was born till they died and to my knowledge
neither of them ever called a repair man.

Cleaning clogged juicer screen Henry Cooking Equipment 5 19-08-2011 01:48 PM
Clogged Spout Mal from Oz[_1_] Tea 6 20-04-2007 02:17 AM
HELP! Oven Door stuck on Dacor W 305 Convection Oven guitarlee Cooking Equipment 1 25-12-2004 10:45 PM
Help! Isomac grinder clogged! Magnus Danieli Coffee 0 06-04-2004 07:35 PM
Which size cast iron Dutch Oven? (for use in oven, not camping) Mike Cooking Equipment 7 15-02-2004 04:57 PM