Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default I'm so excited! Fresh masa dough!

> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:46:33 GMT, (TammyM) wrote:

>>I've read that one can make an "acceptable" dough
>>from masa harina, but that it is inferior to using fresh masa dough.
>>Doesn't sound like that's your experience. If I can't find the fresh
>>stuff, I'll give it a whirl with masa harina.

>LOLOL... how do you think "fresh masa" is made?

Masa harina is made from hominy, masa is made from corn.

"Fresh" masa is masa which has not been dried then reconstituted
(i.e. it is the dough resulting from the initial boil-down of
the corn).

So there's at least four possible variations here that I can
think of.

Steve