Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_1_] st.helier[_1_] is offline

Default Annual "What's everybody planning to drink for Christmas dinner?" post

"Chris Sprague" asked.....

"What's everybody planning to drink for Christmas dinner?"

Of course, while all you northern hemisphericans shiver your collective
butts in winter, we antipodeans will spend the day at the beach - enjoying
an al fresco luncheon complete with sun, surf and sand.

So, salads, cold cuts of ham and chicken accompanied by anything crisp and
cold (Marlborough Sauvignon or Riesling - and even an inexpensive Chardonnay
/ Pinot bubbly sounds like the order of the day) - the weather report says
cloudless skies and temperatures around that 25degrC - it is so tough at
the bottom!!!

New Years Eve has always been our primary celebration - this year the
theme is seafood and Champagne.

Oysters, scallops, smoked marlin, NZ rock lobster etc will feature - with
the following champagnes -

1976 Krug
1979 Bollinger RD
1985 Pol Roger "Winston Churchill"
1985 Roederer Cristal
1990 Laurent-Perrier "Alexandra" Rose
1990 Laurent-Perrier "Grand Siecle La Lumiere du Millenaire"
1990 Veuve Clicquot "La Grande Dame Rosé"

together with a selection of vintages and NV.

What a way to start 2007!!!

--

st.helier