Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default A baking question (cupcakes specifically)

"Cindi - HappyMamatoThree" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

>> I used the foil ones when I didn't have a muffin tin. You can just
>> put a bunch on a baking sheet. I thought that's what they were for.

> I have never tried to use them sans the muffin/cupcake pan. I will have to
> remember that.

I don't know where I learned about them, I do not make cupcakes.
One day a friend of mine got into a jam, too much to do and all of
a sudden she needed some 40 cupcakes for her kid's class the next
day. If I had a muffin tin, I sure didn't have enough to make that many
cupcakes in the time allotted. Voila, I got these foil things. My friend
was amazed by them until her mother told her they've been around
forever. (laugh)

That is my only experience with them. I think they even come with
paper liners just like if you were using a muffin pan.

nancy