Vox Humana

Default freezing flour and flour products

"Kim" > wrote in message
.. .
> Unsatisfied (sorry), I am rephrasing my question and hopefully bettering

my
> spelling.
>
> Does it degrade flour or flour products when frozen and thawed?
>
> Does anyone have an explanation for why freezing flour one time and
> subsequently shelving it will cause the flour or flour product to never
> attract bugs?
>
> Thanks, Kim

Your assumption is wrong. Grain products often come with insect eggs that
hatch in your cubboard. Freezing may kill them. If the product is exposed
to insects subsequent to freezing, it will get infested. Freeing and
thawing doesn't have any noticable effect on the flour as an ingredient.