Posted to alt.food.vegan
n n is offline

Default PLEASE HELP! Starting a vegan restaurant!

Hello!

This is an important post for me. I would like to see your:

ideas
experiences
suggestions
resources

for starting a vegan restaurant.

The restaurant would be a sideline, co-existing with a language school
in the same 3 floor building.

The building is part of a palisade of shops on a side-road. It is 100
meters from the entrance to a university. A coffee shop is on one side
(great coffee!) and a real-estate office the other.

It is quite mind boggling thinking about how to a) start off b) keep
going.

Theme wise, think Hello Kitty. The school is aimed at college girls.
The menu? Dainty cakes, vegan ice-cream, that sort of thing is what is
in mind at the moment, but what do you think?

How to go about pricing/marketing? What about other stuff (that has not
even been considered? How long to keep food that has been made? How to
work out how much to make? How to pick what goes on the menu? Keeping /
developing the menu?

Where do most vegan restaurants go wrong?

btw, this one is in Thailand

I really appreciate your time reading this and hope very much you might
write a few words.
It would be a big help!