Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default electric mincer/grinder for meat

In article . com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> torge conrad maguar wrote:
> > hi, could you please recommend some kind of inexpensive electric
> > mincer/grinder to mince up meat for hamburghers etc. we dont want to use a
> > blender since it will turn it more into a paste.

> Cabela's has some very nice grinders. If I knew what quantity of meat
> you're looking to grind and what your concept of inexpensive is then I
> could more easily suggest a model.
>
> If I were to choose one now it would be the 1 horsepower model (I think
> the reverse capability is important).

I second the motion! Cabelas is where I got mine last month. Not sure of
the model, it was the one on special for the Black Friday sale, and it
does have the reverse option... but I've no idea what I'd use that for?

Sheldon?

1/2 of the 24 lbs. of turkey/pork sausage we made that first weekend
after purchasing it: (repost)

S1TheSetup.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/2e5ur2x.jpg

S2TheMachine.jpg