Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default electric mincer/grinder for meat

hi, could you please recommend some kind of inexpensive electric
mincer/grinder to mince up meat for hamburghers etc. we dont want to use a
blender since it will turn it more into a paste. thanks for advice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Use a food processor. About 10 1 second pulses works well for chopped beef.

--
Y! Auctions
"torge conrad maguar" > wrote in message
> hi, could you please recommend some kind of inexpensive electric
> mincer/grinder to mince up meat for hamburghers etc. we dont want to use

> blender since it will turn it more into a paste. thanks for advice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jas10021 wrote:
> Use a food processor. About 10 1 second pulses works well for chopped beef.

You can't produce ground meat with a food processor... then he may as
well use his blender.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

torge conrad maguar wrote:
> hi, could you please recommend some kind of inexpensive electric
> mincer/grinder to mince up meat for hamburghers etc. we dont want to use a
> blender since it will turn it more into a paste.

Cabela's has some very nice grinders. If I knew what quantity of meat
you're looking to grind and what your concept of inexpensive is then I
could more easily suggest a model.

If I were to choose one now it would be the 1 horsepower model (I think
the reverse capability is important).

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...028&hasJS=true

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> torge conrad maguar wrote:
> > hi, could you please recommend some kind of inexpensive electric
> > mincer/grinder to mince up meat for hamburghers etc. we dont want to use a
> > blender since it will turn it more into a paste.

> Cabela's has some very nice grinders. If I knew what quantity of meat
> you're looking to grind and what your concept of inexpensive is then I
> could more easily suggest a model.
>
> If I were to choose one now it would be the 1 horsepower model (I think
> the reverse capability is important).

I second the motion! Cabelas is where I got mine last month. Not sure of
the model, it was the one on special for the Black Friday sale, and it
does have the reverse option... but I've no idea what I'd use that for?

Sheldon?

1/2 of the 24 lbs. of turkey/pork sausage we made that first weekend
after purchasing it: (repost)

S1TheSetup.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/2e5ur2x.jpg

S2TheMachine.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/2sbk83l.jpg

S3TheMeat.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/4835iu1.jpg

S4Grinding.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/29z4h8y.jpg

S5TheStuffer.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/44lmgsj.jpg

S6SausageCasings.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/42l6qoi.jpg

S7CasingsWet.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/4br4mfp.jpg

S8SausageCondom.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/2ds2wrr.jpg

S9ReadyMixMeat.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a4xug4.jpg

S10FirstLink.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/2ai2352.jpg

S11FirstCasingSet.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/30d855g.jpg

S12TwleveLbLinks.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/49imjhi.jpg

S13SausagePlated.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/43rmpvr.jpg
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> jas10021 wrote:
>> Use a food processor. About 10 1 second pulses works well for chopped beef.

> You can't produce ground meat with a food processor... then he may as
> well use his blender.
>
> Sheldon

A food processor does a surprisingly good job make ground beef -- for
very small quantities. You have to just pulse it a couple of times.

I bought a rather large consumer-grade electric #12 meat grinder from
northerntool.com a few years ago for about $100. It does a great job,
and you don't have to cut the meat into nearly as small strips as you
would for a #8 grinder. Cabela's has a grinder for about $100 that
looks just like it in the catalog (but I don't know if it's a #12 or a
#8), and I think it's on sale right now for about $69.

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

It works well for me. Just take care to stop before it's too late.

--
Y! Auctions
"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> jas10021 wrote:
> > Use a food processor. About 10 1 second pulses works well for chopped

beef.

> You can't produce ground meat with a food processor... then he may as
> well use his blender.
>
> Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> jas10021 wrote:
>> Use a food processor. About 10 1 second pulses works well for chopped beef.

> You can't produce ground meat with a food processor... then he may as
> well use his blender.

Word "chopped" get past your Einsteinian brain, moron?

Pastorio

Electric meat grinder Evelyn Diabetic 0 06-10-2009 10:23 PM
Electric meat grinder Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 1 22-09-2009 02:45 PM
Electric meat grinder Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 0 21-09-2009 11:43 PM
[EBAY] Retro Plastic and Metal Meat Grinder Mincer Ubiquitous Marketplace 0 04-10-2008 11:58 PM
meat mincer meat grinder gingerking Cooking Equipment 0 11-06-2006 07:00 AM