Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gunner[_4_] Gunner[_4_] is offline

Default Let's start checking for plaigiarism

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> I've done a few cut and pasts from a few of the recent posts and have
> found
> many phrases and lists to be copies from other recipes posted in other
> forums and sites on the internet. It may behoove us to check our own
> contributions against this malady before risking being accused of copying,
> without giving credit, others who actually developed the recipes.
>
> If we give credit to those who actually developed the recipes it is not
> considered plagiarism.
>
> One recent recipe posted in this newsgroup is almost word for word from my
> Mother's recipes published at the San Francisco YWCA when she was teaching
> Mexican cooking. And it is clearly copyrighted.
>
> Wayne

Wayne, clearly you can do better than this, I but do notice you do not
reference anything, just cast wild ass dispersions. However your intent at
damage control is clearly noted.

I have to laugh here, Your buddy attempts a similar tactic and states a
"Lawyer" told him a job is a constitutional right deserving of "due process"
.. That was a good one and clearly not true. Now you are claiming your
momma had Recipe copyright. How funny this is. From what ? Century old
Mexican recipes?

Do me a favor, go make an appointment with a lawyer of your choice picked
from the yellow pages, pay your 250$ min. an hour to discuss it with this
lawyer or perhaps you should chose to get a free consultation with an
Ambulance chaser that advertises on the Early Morning TV, who consult with
you once and tell you he will do all that you want( his secretary will be
checking your credit rating and Mortgage out first) and then will run you
up to $1000 before he will again talk to you. Both however will tell you
that they will pursue a case to the best of there ability ( and your ability
to continue to pay) . Course 10000$ later you will then learn that Recipes
are not copyrightable, just the funny little cutesy stories that someone
write that introduce or surround them.

So Oh My! You a betting man? Now If it was not true, and you do not believe
me, well lets see the recipes your Momma used? Show us!

Do tell though the material she used to teach her classes and write her
recipes were taken from whom? Would they would be perceived as stolen
copyrighted material from those that she took them from. Do you not see
the picture painted here? You are supposed to be a college educated senior
citizen, Don't be claiming fowl about nothing you know nothing about. You
got the wrong tree to bark up

Wayne: Scene 27, take 15; Pan on Wayne when the reality of what was just
said sinks in.

Don't try to continue to smart this dumb thing up, OK.