Posted to rec.food.cooking
Petite Souris Petite Souris is offline

Default Sweetened condensed milk substitute, homemade.... RESULTS

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:36:39 GMT, "Petite Souris"
> > wrote:
>

>> Sweetened Condensed Milk
>>
>>1 c. instant powdered milk (low fat, no fat, whatever)
>>1/2 c. boiling water
>>2/3 c. sugar
>>3 tbsp. butter
>>
>>Put everything in the blender, and whirl until thoroughly mixed. Makes
>>the
>>equivalent of one regular can.
>>
>>It tastes the same, so I am going to try it.
>>

> thanks for the recipe... I'm going to save it. Get back to us with
> the results, ok?
>

> --
> See return address to reply by email

I made the 7 layer bars, with the home made SCM, and they are wonderful.
Actually better than with the canned stuff. Not quite as sweet, which is
nice, and no canned milk taste. Very good, very economical, I am very glad
I tried it!

Souris