Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Sweetened condensed milk substitute, homemade....

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:10:05 GMT, "Petite Souris"
> wrote:

>I don't like to use canned sweetened condensed milk (strange personal
>reasons, it grosses me out), and I have made my own, with powdered milk,
>sugar, butter and boiling water in the past for various recipes. I am
>wondering if it would work okay in things like the 7 layer bars. Has anyone
>tried to do that? I might try tonight, and I will post the results.

I have absolutely no idea. Condensed milk is poured directly over the
graham crackers, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Why not give
your recipe a try first with macaroons? I think Pastorio posted the
condensed milk & coconut recipe here yesterday.

BTW: What's your recipe for sweetened condensed milk? I often have
those ingredients on hand when I need to go to the store for condensed
milk.

--
See return address to reply by email