Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant Michael Plant is offline

Default On Gaiwans [was:Unassuming tea blossom pitcher]

[Michael]
> > First, I can use less tea, drink less of each kind and
>> move through three types throughout the day without
>> guilt.

[Jenn]
> My dear friend Michael,
> guilt??? whatcha talking about???? Mostly I use a cup (old coffee cups)
> with a simple thin cup size metal or mesh filter and still drink 20
> cups a day Heh...

[Michael]
So, I have these little one and a half ounce to two ounce
gaiwans which are just right for producing one or two
little cups of tea for each steep. I can put the tea through
any number of steeps and enjoy each one by myself.
With friends a five to six ounce gaiwan is more common,
or an YiXing pot. For myself, I have YiXing pots of
approximately three ounces, but even these are too large
for me alone. There is a tradition of tiny YiXing pots,
which were in some cases exquisitely made. I have one
very small YiXing dedicated to green teas, and it does
a fantastic job with them. None of which speaks to your
issue at all, does it? Well. Say la tea!

Michael