Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default CDC took days to Warn of E.Coli Spinach Outbreak

isw wrote:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> Cross-posting snipped
>>
>> Here we go again... what this has to do with rec.pets or alt.pets or
>> really even rec.food.cooking is beyond me. In fact, it has little
>> to do with anything other than fear-mongering. Gee, surprise, food
>> might get contaminated. Gee, surprise, sometimes things get
>> infected. Ever get sneezed on when you were a kid? Guess what?
>> You were infected. And you probably infected everyone else at
>> school, too, even if you didn't show any symptoms.
>>
>> Granted it is not on the same level as e.Coli but hey, stuff
>> happens. The problem was reported by a medical outfit in Wisconsin,
>> the source was found and everything was cleaned up.
>>
>> Why are you still blethering about it?
>>
>> Jill

> Um, because the federal government has yet again shown itself to be
> monumentally incompetent?
>
> Isaac

Your opinion of the federal government aside, it has little to do with
outbreaks of e.Coli or any other food-born illness in spinach being
reported. Check your facts. If a particular state doesn't report an
outbreak of foodborn illness to the CDC it doesn't come to the attention of
anyone, much less the attention of the federal government. You cannot blame
the federal government for not acting when it doesn't know about something.

Jill