Posted to rec.food.cooking
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default Milk powder replacement in ice cream recipes

It's not a dairy powder, but guar gum is used by many commercial ice
cream manufacturers as a thickener. It also adds fiber, thus making
your ice cream "healthy"! :-)

You said that this is a "basic custard" ice cream recipe, suggesting
that it contains egg and is cooked. Have you tried adding a bit more
egg and/or cooking it a bit longer to thicken it up?

Bob
In article . com>,
says...