Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default hot pickles

Grawun wrote:
> Vlasic used to make pickles with Tabasco. They were so good. Much
> better on sandwiches than plain pickles. I am told Vlasic doesn't make
> those anymore and I don't see any other brand that does. I am thinking
> I could buy dills and add my own Tabasco or chiles. Any suggestions?

There is a company in PA that makes great hot pickles (in fact all of
their pickled products are much better than the bigger name brands). The
company is Bell View ( http://www.bellview.com ) . I usually buy the
cucumber chips and one day by accident I bought the "hot and sweet"
version. They are fantastic and I think I have about 20 people hooked on
them after they tasted them. They also have a "hot & garlic kosher"
pickle too. I don't know how widely they are distributed but I noticed
they have an online store.