Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Jack Tyler Jack Tyler is offline

Default Thanksgiving meal mostly original Amerindian stuff

Gunner wrote:
> For you to interject the fact he is a descendent of a "Pilgrim" is not
> germane to anything anymore that the fact that someone travels in a land or
> lived for a time in a country as a child is an expert. <snip>

> I do not find Johnson's academic bona fides or his curriculum vitae
> anywhere. Is he a noted scholar? All the research I find for him references
> his own work which is largely a translation of Old English into New English.

Dear Gunner,

I appears that I have wandered into a discussion that I am neither
qualified for, nor do I have the time and inclination to proceed in.
Had I realized that this was other than a casual discussion of
Thanksgiving food, I would have stayed out of it. Your research is
wonderful and I appreciate all of the work you did to refute my
assertions and the writer I quoted... however, I wasn't looking to be
involved is such a scholarly discussion, nor do I have the time to
research the credentials of those I have read, as you do.

The reason I mentioned that Johnson was descended from "pilgrims" was
NOT to add credibility to his writings... it was merely to say that he
has an interest in what went on then, as I do.

Back to Mexican food for me.

Thanks for the education.

Jack