Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Turkey Gravy Revisited (long)

Oh pshaw, on Fri 24 Nov 2006 12:18:28a, Bronwyn meant to say...

> A new kitchen - now that's something to look forward to!

Yes, the present one is a bit cramped and I have no island. The new one
isn't custom, but it has all the features I wanted.

> Last Xmas you might recall we spent the week on an island off South
> Australia with DH and my twin with great seafood on the menu.
> This year, still the three of us (I/m thinking of putting mirrors
> around the room to get the numbers up to 6!!!) Altho' my DH would
> protest-eth that 4 of me would be way too many!
> Seriously, I'm hoping our doctor and his wife will join us if they are
> in town.

Yes, I remember your holiday trip and the time spent with your twin, and
what a great time you had. Hey, I'd put the mirrors up anyway. :-)

> It will be here this year - should hot and humid no doubt. Thinking
> seafood - maybe a whole large fish like snapper oven roasted in the
> Webber....

That sounds like a treat! I've never cooked a whole fish on the grill
before. How would you prepare it? With our practically non-existent
Arizona winters, that would be easy to do here.

> My pecan plum pudding is world reknown (well, family known) but you
> need a bigger crowd.

That sounds wonderful! I love both pecans and plum pudding. Would you
share your recipe when you have the time?

> Maybe a lovely cheesecake made from scratch...

Good homemade cheesecake is a sin...one that is probably not committed
often enough. :-)

> Years and years ago I had a couple of Xmas in US (D.C. or Fairfax Va)
> and 2 in Niagara, Ont) visiting friends.

The Eastern US is a wonderful place to be for the holidays. I've spent
numerous Thansgivings in NYC, and one Christmas in Niagara-On-The-Lake. It
was a wonderful time. We lived for many years in NE Ohio, and shared the
same climate of that area.

> I would dearly love to have a
> Thanksgiving in the US - maybe in 2007 - as I've pencilled in a Houston
> visit in early Nov for a quilt convention. Then I'll call you all in
> for an invite to TD LOL.
> ...have to go, will continue...
> Bronwyn

You know, Texas is adjacent to Arizona. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Useless Invention: Solar powered night light.