Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
[email protected] raluxs@netscape.net is offline

Default Thanksgiving meal mostly original Amerindian stuff

Well, I have never personally tasted them but I have heard that iguanas
do taste like chicken, usually broiled.

some people like frog legs, and grasshopers i have seen them roasted
and chocolate coated.

I did at least once had a snake stew (caldo), my mom asked me if I
liked the "caldo de pescado" (fish soup), yes i said, it was fine,
why?, well because it was snake. If my mom wouldnt had tell me I
couldnt have tell the difference.

Anyway , they say snake has a lot of iron and vitamins, and often
recommended for anemic people.

Saludos y Feliz Día de Acción de Gracias )
happy thanksgiving folks