Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
bobdrob bobdrob is offline

Default Corking causes "Cork Foreskins"

We've had the same problem with occaisional bottles. We designate the
corker/capper to be the bottle moihel (sp?) as well. A utility knife held
flush onto to bottle top works well for us. Shrink-capsules cover the
surgery & no recipients has ever even mentioned it. It hasn't affected
storage either.

ups.com...