Derek Lyons

Default New oven, bottom 1/2 inch of roast not cooking

(anonimoose123) wrote:
>So....am I to understand that when roasting chicken you shouldn't put
>1/4 - 1/2 cup of chicken broth on the bottom of the pan (again, with
>the bird sitting on a rack above the water)? I always thought that
>ensured that there was sufficient juices for basting.

There is no reason why you should not.

The problem is most likely your pan being too deep, not the liquid in
the bottom.

D.
--
The STS-107 Columbia Loss FAQ can be found
at the following URLs:

Text-Only Version:
http://www.io.com/~o_m/columbia_loss_faq.html

Enhanced HTML Version:

Corrections, comments, and additions should be
e-mailed to , as well as posted to
sci.space.history and sci.space.shuttle for
discussion.