Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Pumkins and Goats.

Les Hemmings > wrote:

> Victor Sack wrote:
> >
> > Potage au Potiron
> > Pumpkin Soup
> > 6-8 servings
> >

> Interesting Victor! Adding veggie oil so late on is strange. Have you
> tried it out? Perhaps saute all the veg in 1/3 cup cold pressed olive oil to
> get a little colour / flavour into the veg before adding the water. Then
> leave out the oil.

The oil just adds some "substance" to the soup. This works well enough,
but of course you can try it the way you suggest above.

> Hmmmm... I might have some chicken carcass stock in the
> freezer. I could use that instead of the water.

In which case you could consider leaving out the oil altogether, as the
stock will add enough "substance" of its own.

Victor