Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Pumkins and Goats.

Les Hemmings wrote:
> Hello!
> Anyway, I'm after trying soup and pie again.
> Les

How about pumpkin bread? I just found this mixed in with the cookies
section of my handwritten recipe cards and recall it was very tasty and very
timely for October I hope you can convert the U.S. measures to UK
measures; if not there's a handy conversion chart available online he

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/measure.html

Pumpkins Loaves

3/4 c. cooked mashed pumpkin
1/3 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
1-3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 c. milk (okay, goats milk)
1/4 c. vegetable oil

Beat together pumpkin, sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer set to medium,
about 1 minute. Add eggs and beat well. In a large mixing bowl sift
together flour and the dried spices. And pumpkin mixture alternately with
milk and oil, mixing well at low speed. Pour the batter into two small
bread loaf pans (oiled or sprayed with a cooking spray). Bake at 350F for
45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes, then remove the loaves from the pans and cool
completely on wire racks.

Jill