Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet OmManiPadmeOmelet is offline

Default Apples

In article >,
jay > wrote:

> > I have them growing on the fence in my back yard....... ;-)
> >
> > Good privacy screening.

> Do the deer like those vines? I tried to get some honey suckle going..
> deer ate 'em. They leave the mature growth alone but eat the new growth
> faster than the plant can produce.

There is a small herd of deer around here. And no, they do not eat the
grape vines. Note tho' that these WILL take over without judicious
pruning. ;-)

Hardier than honeysuckle too, but while honeysuckle is an evergreen, the
grape vines lose their leaves over the winter. I still like them tho'.

Lantana is another good landscaping plant that the deer don't eat, along
with Cannas, Sage, Thyme, Rosemary and Mexican Oregano.

Mexican Oregano makes a very nice bush and blooms little trumpet shaped
lavender flowers all year long. Culinary use is similar to Marjoram.

Hope this helps? :-)

The only thing that keeps deer away from the rest of the garden is a
fenced area patrolled by dogs.....
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.